What it SERP Competition Score
Dictionary | 15.3.2017
The SERP competition score metrics gets introduced to the user in the SERP Competition miner, section Keyword Miners. The purpose of this metrics is to estimate a competitiveness of queries in Google search results, based on available data.
How is it calculated?
It is calculated based on the following factors:
- Number of the highlighted parts of titles of the first 100 search results
- Number of highlighted parts of snippets of the first 100 search results
- Domain authority in search results
- Number of characters and words in a query
The competitiveness of a query is calculated based on the above stated facts. The higher the number the more difficult it is to get to the top positions in the organic search results.
What it its range
There isn't a ceiling on SERP Competition Score. The higher the score the more difficult it is to get to the top positions in the organic search results.
- Keyword analysis
- Prioritization in creation of new content
- Prioritization of linkbuilder activities