What is SEO
Dictionary | Filip Podstavec
SEO is a set of methods and operations and their goal is to direct search engine users to the optimized websites. SEO is short for “Search Engine Optimization”. Methods, used in SEO, are divided into:
- Pre-implementation analyses - Analyses that are necessary as a basis for the optimization itself.
- On-page methods - Methods and operations regarding the content on the website
- Off-page methods - Methods and operations regarding the reference web profile
- Methods linked to robots - Operations, that cannot be seen by the user, but they influence the crawler (robots.txt,...)
It mainly is a keyword analysis, competition analysis, market analysis, target group analysis - creation of persons. These materials are primarily used for on-page and off-page optimization.
They are links directing to optimized website. There also are frames, videos, images and podcast, that are on another website, but they are physically saved on the optimized website. The off-page optimization also includes references to the optimized website or its company on the internet.
Methods linked to robots
They are regarding the setting and creation of the files affecting behavior of robots on the web. Typically it is robots.txt sitemap, some functionality htaccess and canonicalization.
The operations are individual steps, how to manage the analysis, how to create analysis, how to draw conclusions and set up processes. Every SEO specialist has their own sets of steps and it's hard to say which ones are the best. Some of the steps need to be adjusted depending on optimized URL characteristics.
- Pre-implementation phase: Step-by-step on how to do the keyword analysis
- On-page: The summary of more than 200 tools by Brian Dean
- On-page: 11 Tips on CTR boost
- Off-page: Tips on link building in practice of Daniel Gottwald
- Off-page: how to do link building in 2016 by Míša Matanelli